Monday, February 11, 2013

Thinking in Line - Large Intestine of Joy

Oh, pen and ink, you are now far behind me.  Thank you wacom tablet and photoshop, you bring your own problems along, but you also have an undo button of which I'm eternally grateful for.  For a small drawing, I'm willing to admit this took me much too long.  It's been a long time since I've actually sat down and wanted to draw well, so I'm on the rusty side.  

My original sketches were pretty much crap but it was satisfying to make large improvements each time, yeah easy learning curve!  I also warmed up to the tablet by the end of the drawing so some of my lines look a little drunk while some are nice and sober.  I rewarded myself with a tablet purchase because I decided I don't want to work completely in the BVIS computer lab.  I'm not a person that works that great at home, too many distractions, but when it's cold and sleeting it would be nice to sketch away in the comfort of my apartment.  I look forward to the color assignments, I miss color!

No comments:

Post a Comment