Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Song-day - 11/18 If Not For You

Sometimes I write songs from pure fantasy.  There are a lot of things I haven't personally experienced, but because of media of every sort being a majority of my everyday life there are many experiences you feel like you've had, but haven't.  If Not For You is about two people having a friendship about to turn into something more, but it's so fragile and new it feels like it could break at any second.

I am very into loyalty.  Loyalty to the extreme, so my favorite line in this song is, "good things come to those who wait, and I promise you: I'll never go away."  These two people deserve love because they've had each others backs in friendship and no matter what happens in a romantic relationship, will keep having each others backs.  I think that it's a beautiful idea that love is long and lasting event.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment