Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Song-day 11/11 - Monster

This song is a ball of emotions.  When I wrote it, I truly felt like a monster hurting people left and right while I was just trying to care for them.  After time has passed, and I can see the situation from a distance I sing it more as an attack rather than a victim.

I spent a lot of time this week thinking about the situation that lead to write this song and how angry I felt that someone was able to push me to feeling like such a horrible, hateful person when I innocent.  When someone hates you so much for something you cannot control, it leaves you powerless and questioning of your own worth.  It's disgustingly unfair.  Though I had a lot of drafts in my head of what I would like to say to the person that made me feel like a selfish monster, I condensed it to one sentence:

Your misery was not and is not a viable excuse to be cruel to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment