Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Song-day 10/28

I thought it might be fun to share something non-medical illustration related on my blog.  Something I've always enjoyed doing is writing songs.  I'm not a particularly amazing singer, and I'm a self-taught guitar player with limited recording abilities as well.  I just like writing the songs, I'm not trying to be a pop star.  I started writing songs when I was about 13 and it has left me with a musical catalog of growing up.  Something I've personally enjoyed but have rarely shared.  Recently, I've been thinking it's silly to hold on to something that someone else may enjoy and connect to just because of the fear that they may also reject it and find it lacking.  So today is my first "Sunday Song-day."  An inspiration to record my songs each week and hopefully find a few listeners to enjoy them other than myself.


I wrote Error Undefined this past summer and finished it while being at UIC.  In this case, I was not writing about any specific experience but instead piecing together inspiration from many different places.  The song describes how someone you love can and makes you happy can still cause chaos in your life to the point where someone has to call off everything.  There is inevitably blame placed somewhere, even if it was the right thing to do.

Enjoy!

Error Undefined
By Audrey Gifford

It's the thing you say that will never happen
That happens with frequency
Just like us separating so easily

Little threads still keep us tied together
But soon I'll rip the seams
Don't try to piece us together, there's no you and me

And I know you blame me
And I do see what you see
But somebody had to cut the cord between us
You should have seen us
Destroying each other from the inside out

I held my breath and tried to wait forever
You just needed time
To find yourself and then you'd be mine

So I sat there waiting
Until my face turned blue
You would have let me die, waiting for you

And I know you blame me
And I do see what you see
But somebody had to cut the cord between us
You should have seen us
Destroying each other from the inside out

Come rain, come wind, come sleet, come snow
There was no way for us to go together
Not ever, just a moment when you were mine
But now we're just an error undefined

And I know you blame me
And I do see what you see
But somebody had to cut the cord between us
You should have seen us
Destroying each other from the inside out



No comments:

Post a Comment